If you're searching about 'elder law estate planning', look no further than Janssen Estate Probate & Elder Law. We take great pride in offering expert advice in estate planning. For 35 years we have served clients in Kansas City Metropolitan Area. We believe that informed clients can make better decisions regarding their estate planning.
Elder law and estate plans can be complex yet essential in safeguarding both yourself and your family's future. This article will delve into their significance, how to navigate them effectively, as well as any benefits from professional assistance.
What Is The Difference Between Elder Law And Estate Planning?
Elder law and estate plans might appear similar, yet each serves different functions. Estate planning typically deals with asset distribution after death while elder law addresses more extensive topics like aging, healthcare, and quality of living.
To effectively navigate both worlds, it is necessary to approach this with great caution and adapt your strategy.
What Is The Purpose Of An Elder Law Attorney?
Elder law attorneys provide invaluable assistance for individuals navigating the legal complexities associated with growing older. Their experts in fields like healthcare, long-term planning, and guardianship can be your most invaluable allies.
- Comprehensive Guidance: An elder law attorney takes an integrative approach, taking into account both legal and personal considerations related to aging.
- Medicaid Planning: These professionals can assist with navigating Medicaid regulations and planning for possible long-term care needs.
- Guardianship Is Essential: In cases where individuals lack the capacity to make their own decisions, an elder law attorney can provide invaluable assistance by creating guardianship arrangements.
What Assets Should Be Considered When Planning For An Estate?
Estate planning requires a careful assessment of assets to ensure your wishes will be carried out smoothly, such as:
- Real Estate: Homes, properties, and land.
- Financial Assets: Bank accounts, retirement funds, and investments.
- Personal Belongings: Our valuable possessions include family heirlooms and sentimental objects that hold great sentimental value to us.
Digital assets encompass online accounts, digital files, and intellectual property.
Why is Hiring an Attorney Beneficial?
Hiring an experienced elder law attorney can be invaluable when it comes to estate planning. Here's why:
- Attorneys possess in-depth knowledge of the law and can ensure that your plans comply with all regulations.
- Each individual situation is distinct. Attorneys provide tailored solutions that address your specific needs and goals.
- Professional advice is vital to helping reduce legal disputes and obstacles to estate planning.
When Should You Retain An Attorney?
Contacting an elder law attorney as soon as possible is advised, to provide you with enough time to create a comprehensive plan and assess your situation. When should an attorney be consulted?
- Entering Retirement: It is essential that your estate plan remains current with any changes in circumstances that arise.
- Faced With Health Challenges: If you have been diagnosed with chronic illness or any health issue, it may be important to revise your estate plan and document any healthcare wishes that you wish to keep for future reference.
- Life events: Marriage, divorce, or the arrival of a baby should prompt a review of your estate plan.
What Criteria Must Be Considered When Searching For An Attorney?
Selecting the ideal attorney is crucial. Consider these criteria when making your selection:
- Experience: Demonstrating expertise in elder law and estate planning shows competence when handling legal issues.
- Client Reviews: Feedback from former clients of an attorney can provide invaluable insight into his or her communication style and reliability.
- Specialized Services: An elder law attorney with extensive knowledge will likely possess all of the expertise you require.
Why Choose Janssen Estate Probate & Elder Law
Janssen Estate Probate & Elder Law stands as an industry leader, having provided services in Kansas City for 35 years.
- Experience: With extensive expertise in elder law, estate planning, and wills, our attorneys can offer expert guidance.
- Client Satisfaction: Our clients' testimonials speak volumes about the impactful service and dedication to excellence we provide our clients.
- Specialized Services: As experts in elder law, we keep abreast of any new developments to provide you with expert guidance. You will get top advice.
Suggested Action Steps
Here are a few steps that will assist:
- Assess Your Situation: Evaluate the state of your finances, health, and personal life to create a clear picture.
- Search Attorneys: Find attorneys specializing in elder law and estate planning who offer reliable counsel.
- Schedule Consultations: Set up meetings to discuss your needs and assess compatibility between attorneys.
- Make A Plan: Work with an attorney of your choosing to devise a comprehensive estate plan tailored to the unique circumstances of your life.
- Regular Reviews: Review your estate plan regularly in order to stay abreast of your changing needs and circumstances.
An effective estate plan will not only safeguard your assets but will also give you and your family peace of mind as you go through the journey of aging. Contact us today at 913-322-6300 or send us an email on our Contact Page.